Biggest Massage Oriented Forums on the Planet - Massage.forum | MassagePlanet.net | Massage.live | Massage.chat

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pharmaceutical Companies Control Medical Schools

jim

Reaction score
Why is it that Orthopedic Physicians are CLUELESS when it comes to the healing properties of massage? Why is it that allopathic doctors in general RARELY think of the healing effects of massage? I am convinced that the pharmaceutical companies must play a huge part in keeping the world of medicine and the world of healing arts apart. There can be no other explanation.
The natural healing arts can supplant the need for much of the drugging that goes on in our society. In my practice, I have saved many people from unnecessary surgery. I have taught my clients how to use ice for pain, which can reduce or remove the need for drugs. Are people really naïve enough to think that physicians are just too stupid to understand the power of natural healing arts? there HAS to be a force in place that brainwashed med students from the beginning.
If you are a physician, I would love for you to weigh in on this. I am sure that the tactics are subtle. In the old days, the pharmaceutical companies had all kinds of goodies that they piled onto med students. I would love to hear from the inside how they are pulling the strings today.
We need to figure out ways to educate the medical community, and stop the wholesale abuse of patients who put themselves into their doctors' care with complete trust.
I do not say that all medications are bad - I AM SAYING THAT DRUG ABUSE IS RAMPANT – and it starts with our doctors over-prescribing.
If you want to continue this conversation, please contact me on my website. And please – if you feel that a doctor is medicating you unnecessarily, I would be happy to weigh in with my opinion. I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND CANNOT PRESCRIBE. I am a therapist with 25 years of massage experience, a degree in 1986 from a medical massage college in New York, and many additional years of experience in the health field, both personal and professional.

I certainly think there's some of that, but there's also just a particular mindset that comes with a western scientific education that's still very reductionist, materialist, and in many ways dualist. As medicine becomes more integral, it will begin to, well, integrate more things that it was previously (to varying degrees) blind to.

So it's not just big pharma's greed, it's also a vulnerable mindset on the part of the physicians and other health care workers that makes them complicit. When that mindset changes, earnest doctors whose highest desire is to help people heal will be much harder to exploit.

jan rose kasmir said:
Why is it that Orthopedic Physicians are CLUELESS when it comes to the healing properties of massage? Why is it that allopathic doctors in general RARELY think of the healing effects of massage? I am convinced that the pharmaceutical companies must play a huge part in keeping the world of medicine and the world of healing arts apart. There can be no other explanation.

I do not say that all medications are bad - I AM SAYING THAT DRUG ABUSE IS RAMPANT – and it starts with our doctors over-prescribing.
If you want to continue this conversation, please contact me on my website

I am a therapist with 25 years of massage experience, a degree in 1986 from a medical massage college in New York, and many additional years of experience in the health field, both personal and professional.

Welcome to MassagePlanetL!

We'd love to hear more and continue the conversation HERE as this is the general purpose of this message board; to post and discuss topics that are relevant to professional massage therapists.

So what ideas do you already have to:
jan rose kasmir said:
We need to figure out ways to educate the medical community, and stop the wholesale abuse of patients who put themselves into their doctors' care with complete trust.
[/quote]

//

Options:

BBCode is ON

is ON

[flash] is OFF

[url] is ON

Smilies are ON

Disable BBCode

Disable smilies

Do not automatically parse URLs

Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)

Notify me when a reply is posted

//

Upload attachment

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.

Filename

File comment

Topic review - Pharmaceutical Companies Control Medical Schools

Author

EgoMagickian

Post subject: 
Re: Pharmaceutical Companies Control Medical Schools

jan rose kasmir wrote:EgoMan - I would like to suggest that you get caught up in using words to the detriment of any meaning.What you said would be clear if you spoke in plain English. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY????? What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea? Stop trying to impress your audience with big words, and try to communicate clearly. I am sure you have something to say. it is just lost on me.When I read this, I felt irritated thinking that you have misread my motivation, and I'd like you to know that I was in no way trying to impress anybody with my wording. Also a bit angry thinking that you managed to turn something that seems to actually be about you into something about me—making it about me getting "caught up in using words" and "trying to impress" instead of you just not understanding what I said. I would have preferred you to simply say, "I don't understand what you're trying to say, could you explain?""What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea?" Here's just one way: dualistic thinking underlies the entire mind/body split concept that makes it difficult for a person to accept many kinds of holistic treatment. It makes the current system you are complaining about make much more sense to a person. After reviewing this thread I also want to add that it's also patients that are complicit in the way things currently work. Many people want pills and prescriptions. Many are still heavily bought into a story that some of us, like you, are seeing through. I don't think that's just the fault of the sellers of that story; the buyer has to take some responsibility.

[quote="jan rose kasmir"]EgoMan - I would like to suggest that you get caught up in using words to the detriment of any meaning.What you said would be clear if you spoke in plain English. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY????? What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea? Stop trying to impress your audience with big words, and try to communicate clearly. I am sure you have something to say. it is just lost on me.[/quote]When I read this, I felt irritated thinking that you have misread my motivation, and I'd like you to know that I was in no way trying to impress anybody with my wording. Also a bit angry thinking that you managed to turn something that seems to actually be about you into something about me—making it about me getting "caught up in using words" and "trying to impress" instead of you just not understanding what I said. I would have preferred you to simply say, "I don't understand what you're trying to say, could you explain?""What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea?" Here's just one way: dualistic thinking underlies the entire mind/body split concept that makes it difficult for a person to accept many kinds of holistic treatment. It makes the current system you are complaining about make much more sense to a person. After reviewing this thread I also want to add that it's also patients that are complicit in the way things currently work. Many people want pills and prescriptions. Many are still heavily bought into a story that some of us, like you, are seeing through. I don't think that's just the fault of the sellers of that story; the buyer has to take some responsibility.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:36 pm

GreenDragonfly

Post subject: 

maestra wrote:Atta girl Pueppi!

[quote="maestra"]Atta girl Pueppi! :smt023[/quote] :smt038 :iagree:

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 pm

maestra

Post subject: 

Atta girl Pueppi!

Atta girl Pueppi! :smt023

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm

mtnlionz

Post subject: 

Really well stated, pueppi.

Really well stated, pueppi.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 am

pueppi

Post subject: 

jan rose kasmir wrote:Why is it that Orthopedic Physicians are CLUELESS when it comes to the healing properties of massage? Why is it that allopathic doctors in general RARELY think of the healing effects of massage? I am convinced that the pharmaceutical companies must play a huge part in keeping the world of medicine and the world of healing arts apart. There can be no other explanation.I've been in practice for 19 years now and I only mention my years in practice to let you know that this comment will not be coming from a baby in the field. I have orthopedics, neurologists, a psychiatrist, a psychologist and a physiatrist who refer to me. I have been able to get good feeback from allopathic physicians to other patients I have worked on.It is true that many in allopathic medicine don't understand the healing properties of our field, but at the same time, if I am stuck in a car, in a ditch, in the mud, on a rainy night and the jaws of life are at my door... I certainly am not going to ask to see the nearest MT.There is a time and place for everything. Part of working with the allopathic community (who for the most part thinks differently than the holistic community) is how we educate them. Seriously, it's a bit difficult for an MD to refer to a crystal waving 60's child (and we have a lot of those in our profession) than to refer to someone who looks and acts a little more, shall we say... stable. However, if that same person comes across in a way the MD can better wrap their head around, things can and will change. I am ok with how things stand right now. We have a system where we can choose on any given day who we want to see for an ailment. Educate where you can, but at the same time, be mindful not to tip the boat in a way where the MD's (and the giant of the AMA) want to take over your right to provide work in the way you see fit. At least, that's my opinion.03-01-11 edit for a weird hash mark within and parenthesis missing in text.

[quote="jan rose kasmir"]Why is it that Orthopedic Physicians are CLUELESS when it comes to the healing properties of massage? Why is it that allopathic doctors in general RARELY think of the healing effects of massage? I am convinced that the pharmaceutical companies must play a huge part in keeping the world of medicine and the world of healing arts apart. There can be no other explanation.[/quote]I've been in practice for 19 years now and I only mention my years in practice to let you know that this comment will not be coming from a baby in the field. I have orthopedics, neurologists, a psychiatrist, a psychologist and a physiatrist who refer to me. I have been able to get good feeback from allopathic physicians to other patients I have worked on.It is true that many in allopathic medicine don't understand the healing properties of our field, but at the same time, if I am stuck in a car, in a ditch, in the mud, on a rainy night and the jaws of life are at my door... I certainly am not going to ask to see the nearest MT.There is a time and place for everything. Part of working with the allopathic community (who for the most part thinks differently than the holistic community) is how we educate them. Seriously, it's a bit difficult for an MD to refer to a crystal waving 60's child [i](and we have a lot of those in our profession)[/i] than to refer to someone who looks and acts a little more, shall we say... [b]stable[/b]. However, if that same person comes across in a way the MD can better wrap their head around, things can and will change. I am ok with how things stand right now. We have a system where we can choose on any given day who we want to see for an ailment. Educate where you can, but at the same time, be mindful not to tip the boat in a way where the MD's (and the giant of the AMA) want to take over your right to provide work in the way you see fit. At least, that's my opinion.03-01-11 edit for a weird hash mark within and parenthesis missing in text.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 am

Taoist

Post subject: 

Quote:I feel as though I have missed something in this thread.You are NOT alone..

[quote]I feel as though I have missed something in this thread.[/quote]You are NOT alone..

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 pm

GreenDragonfly

Post subject: 

jan rose kasmir wrote:I love your flow, but , I do not think it works in my social settingl. Sounds very utopian.... hmmmmm utiopia.As for "It doesn't matter what we do, but how and why we do it." tell that to my creditors..... if only it was a gentler world.....There was a time, before the birth of my daughter, that I was convenient with "reality". I know am stuck with the collective consciousness. I feel as though I have missed something in this thread.Weren't we talking about pharmas influence on medical schools and what we as massage therapists can do to educate ourselves and our clients to serve their needs?Earlier in the thread Jan, you called out Ego to speak in a more forthcoming way and yet I am lost here with your post as you seem to have more interest in talking about people's sig lines.

[quote="jan rose kasmir"]I love your flow, but , I do not think it works in my social settingl. Sounds very utopian.... hmmmmm utiopia.As for "It doesn't matter what we do, but how and why we do it." tell that to my creditors..... if only it was a gentler world.....There was a time, before the birth of my daughter, that I was convenient with "reality". I know am stuck with the collective consciousness.[/quote] :smt017 I feel as though I have missed something in this thread.Weren't we talking about pharmas influence on medical schools and what we as massage therapists can do to educate ourselves and our clients to serve their needs?Earlier in the thread Jan, you called out Ego to speak in a more forthcoming way and yet I am lost here with your post as you seem to have more interest in talking about people's sig lines.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

I love your flow, but , I do not think it works in my social settingl. Sounds very utopian.... hmmmmm utiopia.As for "It doesn't matter what we do, but how and why we do it." tell that to my creditors..... if only it was a gentler world.....There was a time, before the birth of my daughter, that I was convenient with "reality". I know am stuck with the collective consciousness.

I love your flow, but , I do not think it works in my social settingl. Sounds very utopian.... hmmmmm utiopia.As for "It doesn't matter what we do, but how and why we do it." tell that to my creditors..... if only it was a gentler world.....There was a time, before the birth of my daughter, that I was convenient with "reality". I know am stuck with the collective consciousness.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Taoist

Post subject: 

jan rose kasmir wrote:Recently, I had a local massage business change their name on the internet to MY NAME – Hilton Head Massage Therapy. When I confronted them – they changed their name to Massage Therapy Hilton Head. No wonder I feel so prickly.Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You have every right to feel prickly about someone trying to take your business name but maybe you can secretly be flattered by it

[quote="jan rose kasmir"]Recently, I had a local massage business change their name on the internet to MY NAME – Hilton Head Massage Therapy. When I confronted them – they changed their name to Massage Therapy Hilton Head. No wonder I feel so prickly.[/quote]Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You have every right to feel prickly about someone trying to take your business name but maybe you can secretly be flattered by it :D

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:50 am

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

Thank you for the compliment on my website, Taoist. At the risk of being accused of pridefulness, I would invite you to share this clip from my experience in September with the Avalon Project -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRUGBld ... re=related If you go on this site and click on the video clip, you will get a better feel for who I am. http://www.sixtiessurvivors.org/kasmir.htmlI think you would appreciate one of my mantra's - "There's got to be a Zen in there somewhere."While it is true that we have great power to manifest, I wanted to share that I am working in an extremely difficult market - Hilton Head Island, SC - I refer to it as the white bread capital of the United States.I have been in the New Age movement until, quite frankly, I was old age. I used to spend time at Viktoras Kulcinskas's Survival Foundation in Woodstock Valley, Conn - (Vik is called the Gdfather of Wheatgrass.") It was much simpler then.I have been a therapist for 25 years - before that I worked in counseling and designed and managed health food stores and restaurants.I devote a lot of time to community service , as I do believe one must give it away to keep it. My business motto is “Keep Your Karma Kleen.â€‌ Some days it all works, and some days it just does not.Recently, I had a local massage business change their name on the internet to MY NAME – Hilton Head Massage Therapy. When I confronted them – they changed their name to Massage Therapy Hilton Head. No wonder I feel so prickly.In the past, I have always tried to overcome my negative space by giving of myself – usually through massage. My system works if one is a monk, but there are times when it is important to be nurtured.Not rehashing is good – finding the Tao – creating a springboard to a better place – that takes it to the next level.As for Squash Blossom......I dunno????? Sorry you are feeling so bad about my post.You might want to give it a rest and re-visit at a later time. Perhaps you will have a clearer understanding of what I was trying to communicate.

Thank you for the compliment on my website, Taoist. At the risk of being accused of pridefulness, I would invite you to share this clip from my experience in September with the Avalon Project -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRUGBldn_0&feature=related If you go on this site and click on the video clip, you will get a better feel for who I am. http://www.sixtiessurvivors.org/kasmir.htmlI think you would appreciate one of my mantra's - "There's got to be a Zen in there somewhere."While it is true that we have great power to manifest, I wanted to share that I am working in an extremely difficult market - Hilton Head Island, SC - I refer to it as the white bread capital of the United States.I have been in the New Age movement until, quite frankly, I was old age. I used to spend time at Viktoras Kulcinskas's Survival Foundation in Woodstock Valley, Conn - (Vik is called the Gdfather of Wheatgrass.") It was much simpler then.I have been a therapist for 25 years - before that I worked in counseling and designed and managed health food stores and restaurants.I devote a lot of time to community service , as I do believe one must give it away to keep it. My business motto is “Keep Your Karma Kleen.â€‌ Some days it all works, and some days it just does not.Recently, I had a local massage business change their name on the internet to MY NAME – Hilton Head Massage Therapy. When I confronted them – they changed their name to Massage Therapy Hilton Head. No wonder I feel so prickly.In the past, I have always tried to overcome my negative space by giving of myself – usually through massage. My system works if one is a monk, but there are times when it is important to be nurtured.Not rehashing is good – finding the Tao – creating a springboard to a better place – that takes it to the next level.As for Squash Blossom......I dunno????? Sorry you are feeling so bad about my post.You might want to give it a rest and re-visit at a later time. Perhaps you will have a clearer understanding of what I was trying to communicate.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:29 am

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

Thank you Heidi - you are right - I have had a problem understanding how caps are taken - one of my vendors showed me that caps are powerful - I guess I forgot the lesson.Peace out.

Thank you Heidi - you are right - I have had a problem understanding how caps are taken - one of my vendors showed me that caps are powerful - I guess I forgot the lesson.Peace out.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:27 am

Ding

Post subject: 

I think everybody needs to keep in mind that written word often comes across differently than intended (as opposed to spoken word, which has inflections and tone of voice to clue in the listener to the intent behind the words). Let's not turn this molehill into a mountain. Perhaps it was overstating to call Jan's post "nastiness" -- if you take out the all-caps statement and read an 'interested' tone into the "what were you trying to say", it comes across completely different, doesn't it?Deep breath, everybody!

I think everybody needs to keep in mind that written word often comes across differently than intended (as opposed to spoken word, which has inflections and tone of voice to clue in the listener to the intent behind the words). Let's not turn this molehill into a mountain. Perhaps it was overstating to call Jan's post "nastiness" -- if you take out the all-caps statement and read an 'interested' tone into the "what were you trying to say", it comes across completely different, doesn't it?Deep breath, everybody! :grin: :massage:

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:21 am

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

HUH?

HUH?

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 am

squash_blsm

Post subject: 

Not much of an apology to go after yet another person!If you are annoyed at things in your life best to deal with them and refrain from attacking others.Not off to a great start here.Hopefully you will find a way to be in open discussion with others without resorting to personal attacks.jan rose kasmir wrote:By the way, Squash Blossom - I think calling my post nasty is an overstatement.I would also like to point out that I do not hide behind a pseudonym, and if you Google my name, you will see my picture is an internatioal peace icon. And yes, even peace pilgrims have bad days.....It is clear to me that I need to connect with like-minded people - maybe this will be a place that can happen....maybe not.I know that I came at the post like a Taurus, but I was NOT out for blood. Just annoyed.

Not much of an apology to go after yet another person!If you are annoyed at things in your life best to deal with them and refrain from attacking others.Not off to a great start here.Hopefully you will find a way to be in open discussion with others without resorting to personal attacks.[quote="jan rose kasmir"]By the way, Squash Blossom - I think calling my post nasty is an overstatement.I would also like to point out that I do not hide behind a pseudonym, and if you Google my name, you will see my picture is an internatioal peace icon. And yes, even peace pilgrims have bad days.....It is clear to me that I need to connect with like-minded people - maybe this will be a place that can happen....maybe not.I know that I came at the post like a Taurus, but I was NOT out for blood. Just annoyed.[/quote]

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:29 am

Taoist

Post subject: 

It's possible that everyone over-reacted. We're human; it happens. For the most part, unless a post is very blatantly rude/condescending/ill-mannered or whatever, most people here do not mean to offend anyone. When differing opinions come together, fur always gets rubbed the wrong way. Regardless of that, the best we can do is respect each other and everyone's opinions and not continue to rehash a simple mistake.By the way... Welcome to MassagePlanetL! Your website is really beautiful- I like it!

It's possible that everyone over-reacted. We're human; it happens. For the most part, unless a post is very blatantly rude/condescending/ill-mannered or whatever, most people here do not mean to offend anyone. When differing opinions come together, fur [u]always[/u] gets rubbed the wrong way. Regardless of that, the best we can do is respect each other and everyone's opinions and not continue to rehash a simple mistake.By the way... Welcome to MassagePlanetL! :smt006 Your website is really beautiful- I like it!

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 am

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

By the way, Squash Blossom - I think calling my post nasty is an overstatement.I would also like to point out that I do not hide behind a pseudonym, and if you Google my name, you will see my picture is an internatioal peace icon. And yes, even peace pilgrims have bad days.....It is clear to me that I need to connect with like-minded people - maybe this will be a place that can happen....maybe not.I know that I came at the post like a Taurus, but I was NOT out for blood. Just annoyed.

By the way, Squash Blossom - I think calling my post nasty is an overstatement.I would also like to point out that I do not hide behind a pseudonym, and if you Google my name, you will see my picture is an internatioal peace icon. And yes, even peace pilgrims have bad days.....It is clear to me that I need to connect with like-minded people - maybe this will be a place that can happen....maybe not.I know that I came at the post like a Taurus, but I was NOT out for blood. Just annoyed.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 am

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

Humble apologies to all.It was not my intention to put out so much negativity. Even though I was put off by the reply, I am absolutely sorry for framing it so negatively.I am working and living in a very isolated environment, and I can only ask that people try to hold off putting me on the chopping block. I will sincerely keep things positive. An important lesson learned.I will work on manifesting more positive energy.

Humble apologies to all.It was not my intention to put out so much negativity. Even though I was put off by the reply, I am absolutely sorry for framing it so negatively.I am working and living in a very isolated environment, and I can only ask that people try to hold off putting me on the chopping block. I will sincerely keep things positive. An important lesson learned.I will work on manifesting more positive energy.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 am

moogie

Post subject: 

jan rose kasmir wrote:EgoMan - I would like to suggest that you get caught up in using words to the detriment of any meaning.What you said would be clear if you spoke in plain English. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY????? What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea? Stop trying to impress your audience with big words, and try to communicate clearly. I am sure you have something to say. it is just lost on me.I must say that I am very confused by this post? I had no problem following his reply to your post and do not understand why you have chosen to respond so negatively. Angie

[quote="jan rose kasmir"]EgoMan - I would like to suggest that you get caught up in using words to the detriment of any meaning.What you said would be clear if you spoke in plain English. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY????? What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea? Stop trying to impress your audience with big words, and try to communicate clearly. I am sure you have something to say. it is just lost on me.[/quote]I must say that I am very confused by this post? I had no problem following his reply to your post and do not understand why you have chosen to respond so negatively. Angie

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 am

squash_blsm

Post subject: 

Wow - such nastimess!I saw this as a simple reply to the discussion that YOU started. There were no big words...not any bigger than the ones YOU yourself used.This topic probably isn't appropriate to a bodyworkers site as you requested replys from MD's (there are none of those in our membership that I am aware of).I think that the replies you received were very polite.Is there something else going on here that you choose to "start a fight" with your very first post?jan rose kasmir wrote:EgoMan - I would like to suggest that you get caught up in using words to the detriment of any meaning.What you said would be clear if you spoke in plain English. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY????? What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea? Stop trying to impress your audience with big words, and try to communicate clearly. I am sure you have something to say. it is just lost on me.

Wow - such nastimess!I saw this as a simple reply to the discussion that YOU started. There were no big words...not any bigger than the ones YOU yourself used.This topic probably isn't appropriate to a bodyworkers site as you requested replys from MD's (there are none of those in our membership that I am aware of).I think that the replies you received were very polite.Is there something else going on here that you choose to "start a fight" with your very first post?[quote="jan rose kasmir"]EgoMan - I would like to suggest that you get caught up in using words to the detriment of any meaning.What you said would be clear if you spoke in plain English. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY????? What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea? Stop trying to impress your audience with big words, and try to communicate clearly. I am sure you have something to say. it is just lost on me.[/quote]

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:03 am

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

Thank you for that, Dragonfly - laughter IS the best medicine. Norman Cousins brought himself back from the dead through laughter.There are many herbal potions and Oriental remedies that work magic. However, nothing heals like human touch.

Thank you for that, Dragonfly - laughter IS the best medicine. Norman Cousins brought himself back from the dead through laughter.There are many herbal potions and Oriental remedies that work magic. However, nothing heals like human touch.

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:28 pm

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

EgoMan - I would like to suggest that you get caught up in using words to the detriment of any meaning.What you said would be clear if you spoke in plain English. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY????? What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea? Stop trying to impress your audience with big words, and try to communicate clearly. I am sure you have something to say. it is just lost on me.

EgoMan - I would like to suggest that you get caught up in using words to the detriment of any meaning.What you said would be clear if you spoke in plain English. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY????? What does dualistic thinking have to do with the manipulation of young medical students with curriculum that points to pills as panacea? Stop trying to impress your audience with big words, and try to communicate clearly. I am sure you have something to say. it is just lost on me.

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:22 pm

GreenDragonfly

Post subject: 

jan rose kasmir wrote:Why is it that Orthopedic Physicians are CLUELESS when it comes to the healing properties of massage? Why is it that allopathic doctors in general RARELY think of the healing effects of massage? I am convinced that the pharmaceutical companies must play a huge part in keeping the world of medicine and the world of healing arts apart. There can be no other explanation.I do not say that all medications are bad - I AM SAYING THAT DRUG ABUSE IS RAMPANT – and it starts with our doctors over-prescribing.If you want to continue this conversation, please contact me on my website I am a therapist with 25 years of massage experience, a degree in 1986 from a medical massage college in New York, and many additional years of experience in the health field, both personal and professional.Welcome to MassagePlanetL!We'd love to hear more and continue the conversation HERE as this is the general purpose of this message board; to post and discuss topics that are relevant to professional massage therapists. So what ideas do you already have to:jan rose kasmir wrote:We need to figure out ways to educate the medical community, and stop the wholesale abuse of patients who put themselves into their doctors' care with complete trust.

[quote="jan rose kasmir"]Why is it that Orthopedic Physicians are CLUELESS when it comes to the healing properties of massage? Why is it that allopathic doctors in general RARELY think of the healing effects of massage? I am convinced that the pharmaceutical companies must play a huge part in keeping the world of medicine and the world of healing arts apart. There can be no other explanation.I do not say that all medications are bad - I AM SAYING THAT DRUG ABUSE IS RAMPANT – and it starts with our doctors over-prescribing.If you want to continue this conversation, please contact me on my website I am a therapist with 25 years of massage experience, a degree in 1986 from a medical massage college in New York, and many additional years of experience in the health field, both personal and professional.[/quote]Welcome to MassagePlanetL!We'd love to hear more and continue the conversation HERE as this is the general purpose of this message board; to post and discuss topics that are relevant to professional massage therapists. So what ideas do you already have to:[quote="jan rose kasmir"]We need to figure out ways to educate the medical community, and stop the wholesale abuse of patients who put themselves into their doctors' care with complete trust.

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:12 pm

EgoMagickian

Post subject: 

I certainly think there's some of that, but there's also just a particular mindset that comes with a western scientific education that's still very reductionist, materialist, and in many ways dualist. As medicine becomes more integral, it will begin to, well, integrate more things that it was previously (to varying degrees) blind to. So it's not just big pharma's greed, it's also a vulnerable mindset on the part of the physicians and other health care workers that makes them complicit. When that mindset changes, earnest doctors whose highest desire is to help people heal will be much harder to exploit.

I certainly think there's some of that, but there's also just a particular mindset that comes with a western scientific education that's still very reductionist, materialist, and in many ways dualist. As medicine becomes more integral, it will begin to, well, integrate more things that it was previously (to varying degrees) blind to. So it's not just big pharma's greed, it's also a vulnerable mindset on the part of the physicians and other health care workers that makes them complicit. When that mindset changes, earnest doctors whose highest desire is to help people heal will be much harder to exploit.

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:08 pm

jan rose kasmir

Post subject: 

Why is it that Orthopedic Physicians are CLUELESS when it comes to the healing properties of massage? Why is it that allopathic doctors in general RARELY think of the healing effects of massage? I am convinced that the pharmaceutical companies must play a huge part in keeping the world of medicine and the world of healing arts apart. There can be no other explanation.The natural healing arts can supplant the need for much of the drugging that goes on in our society. In my practice, I have saved many people from unnecessary surgery. I have taught my clients how to use ice for pain, which can reduce or remove the need for drugs. Are people really naأ¯ve enough to think that physicians are just too stupid to understand the power of natural healing arts? there HAS to be a force in place that brainwashed med students from the beginning.If you are a physician, I would love for you to weigh in on this. I am sure that the tactics are subtle. In the old days, the pharmaceutical companies had all kinds of goodies that they piled onto med students. I would love to hear from the inside how they are pulling the strings today.We need to figure out ways to educate the medical community, and stop the wholesale abuse of patients who put themselves into their doctors' care with complete trust.I do not say that all medications are bad - I AM SAYING THAT DRUG ABUSE IS RAMPANT – and it starts with our doctors over-prescribing.If you want to continue this conversation, please contact me on my website. And please – if you feel that a doctor is medicating you unnecessarily, I would be happy to weigh in with my opinion. I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND CANNOT PRESCRIBE. I am a therapist with 25 years of massage experience, a degree in 1986 from a medical massage college in New York, and many additional years of experience in the health field, both personal and professional.

Why is it that Orthopedic Physicians are CLUELESS when it comes to the healing properties of massage? Why is it that allopathic doctors in general RARELY think of the healing effects of massage? I am convinced that the pharmaceutical companies must play a huge part in keeping the world of medicine and the world of healing arts apart. There can be no other explanation.The natural healing arts can supplant the need for much of the drugging that goes on in our society. In my practice, I have saved many people from unnecessary surgery. I have taught my clients how to use ice for pain, which can reduce or remove the need for drugs. Are people really naأ¯ve enough to think that physicians are just too stupid to understand the power of natural healing arts? there HAS to be a force in place that brainwashed med students from the beginning.If you are a physician, I would love for you to weigh in on this. I am sure that the tactics are subtle. In the old days, the pharmaceutical companies had all kinds of goodies that they piled onto med students. I would love to hear from the inside how they are pulling the strings today.We need to figure out ways to educate the medical community, and stop the wholesale abuse of patients who put themselves into their doctors' care with complete trust.I do not say that all medications are bad - I AM SAYING THAT DRUG ABUSE IS RAMPANT – and it starts with our doctors over-prescribing.If you want to continue this conversation, please contact me on my website. And please – if you feel that a doctor is medicating you unnecessarily, I would be happy to weigh in with my opinion. I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND CANNOT PRESCRIBE. I am a therapist with 25 years of massage experience, a degree in 1986 from a medical massage college in New York, and many additional years of experience in the health field, both personal and professional.

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 am

Board index » Massage & Bodywork » Massage & Holistic Therapies (Techniques, Modalities, etc.)